Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day





Top-o-the-morning to you all:




This is my most favorite "holiday" of the year. Bag pipes could play all day and the rivers & the beer should have to run green. I am wearing my "Made in Ireland" shirt. People look funny at the shirt and then at me and say, "Is it really?" I say, "Yes I am". They must think the words are telling them where the shirt was made. - - what shirt is made anywhere but China... come on.
Some history: Saint Patrick's Day has come to be associated with everything Irish: anything green and gold, shamrocks and luck. Most importantly, to those who celebrate its intended meaning, St. Patrick's Day is a traditional day for spiritual renewal and offering prayers for missionaries worldwide. - - I add my prayers to Missionaries everywhere... Matt Allen, Austin James, David T., Parker Bond, and my Son: Alexander Ryan McCarty.
Good day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!!!!

Carly G. said...

This was such a cute post! Ditto what Laurie said: Happy Anniversary! We're so lucky to have you as our dad!

miss gates said...

hey bruce! thanks for checking out my blog! your mom lived in sweden? where at? and for how long?
hope you're doing well!
sevy